Monday, May 22, 2017

Back from Contact in the Desert 2017



image: modified composite of personal photograph plus two images from Wikimedia commons (link 1 and link 2).

I've recently returned from a fantastic visit to Joshua Tree, California and the Contact in the Desert conference for 2017.

The conference is still going on through another entire day on Monday, May 22, but I hitched a ride home early in the above-pictured craft (I used to own a 1966 model myself, so I really couldn't resist).

Big thank-you to everyone who stopped by my table to learn about Star Myths and Astrotheology and the celestial language that the world's ancient myths are speaking. I enjoyed meeting every single person who visited, as well as our conversations.

Thank you also to those who purchased copies of my books -- I very much hope that you will enjoy them and that they will be uplifting in some way.

For anyone who was unable to attend this year's Contact in the Desert, or who was unable to purchase signed copies of books at the conference due to the inconvenience of having to carry them around or pack them in luggage for the flight home, you can always purchase copies from one of many outlets, such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or your local bookseller -- and can obtain signed copies of any title from the "Books" section of my website where you can specify a name or names for a personalized inscription.

The order page for signed copies can be found towards the bottom of that "Books" page, and it is set up for shipments within the united states. If you want to arrange shipment to somewhere else, please use the contact form provided on the website and we can figure out how much the shipping would cost.

For new friends visiting this blog for the first time after learning about my research at the conference, welcome! You can follow my new "author page" on Facebook (if you use that site), and will definitely want to check out all the material that's available on my main website, Star Myth World (dot com).

There is a search window on the blog to search for specific terms in the over 900 posts going back to 2011, and of course you can also visit the "Myths" section of the website to find discussions of specific ancient stories and their relation to the stars and heavenly cycles (and meaning for us today), as well as the "Video" and "Podcasts" sections for visual and audible examination of the evidence that virtually all the world's ancient myths, scriptures, and sacred stories can be shown to be built upon a common system of very specific celestial metaphor.

The stars and planets shining over the desert were spectacular. I enjoyed cooking my dinner on a camp stove under the stars, while powerful laser-pointers probed the sky overhead -- and then sleeping out on the desert floor and doing Sun Salutations facing the sun in the morning. 

You can see some photographs from this year's event which were published in the LA Daily News here.